Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Real you...

For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.” (2 Corinthians 5:10)

Since Facebook was started, nearly 450 million people have become members – making it possible that you are one too. There are positives and negatives to Facebook. I find Facebook great for keeping up with friends and generally just knowing how everyone is going. I have to be careful, however, to ‘count my words’ when writing. Generally, it is better not to “post” what I am feeling when grumpy or upset, as words are impossible to take back once made public. There is a danger, however, that I will always appear ‘bright and happy’ to my “friends” on Facebook – when in reality that can be far from the truth. People may build up an entirely untrue image of who I really am and I may even build on that false image and start to believe it myself.  Who is the real me?

The real me is going to be exposed one day when we all stand before Jesus Christ to give an account of not just how we lived while on this earth but also of who we are – ‘in’ Him or ‘outside’ of Him. Then there will be no electronic face we can put on ourselves or Facebook behind which we can hide. We will be utterly exposed – our words, thoughts, deeds and emotions. 

You will be there with me – What will the ‘real you’ of your life show?

As a Christian, I ask myself – Does my everyday walk match my Christian ‘talk’ – on Facebook; before God Himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment