Tuesday, August 11, 2009

To 'know' and to 'live' Christ...

"For Christians who are completely evangelical, doctrinally sound, intellectual, and 'objective,' probably what is needed most is the strong balancing influence of a more vital 'subjective' relationship with the Lord in everyday life..." (Wayne Grudem)

Does my 'head knowledge' of God translate into a 'relationship knowledge' of Christ? Do I experience Him as a living God and not just a string of theological ideas neatly presented and sorted into categories in my head? Is my actual life being changed by my wanting to please Him more and more? If not, I am merely going through the motions of being a Christian and the Living God is not present in me at all or I am on spiritual 'life-support' and there is a mere flicker of spiritual life in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment